Friday, December 14, 2007

Scrubbed In. But Ready to Go?



After approximately 40 hours of regular contractions, the doctors decided that a c-section would be the best way to bring our baby into the world. Emily took the news like a champ. As for me, well, for the past nine months, I wasn't sure whether I could stomach cutting the cord. Now I'm being ushered into the O.R.

Even worse -- I wasn't there when the doctors made the call. Emily's labor was progressing so slowly, I thought I'd have the time to have the doctors in the Emergency room take a look at an allergic reaction I was having in my left eye. (I was in the building, so why not?). As soon as I checked into the ER, I got the cellphone call from Emily -- she needed me, stat. 40 minutes later, we had the pleasure of meeting our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment